RV, Outdoor Hospitality Industry News for the Week of June 28Jul 02, 2021
Parks are entering the Fourth of July weekend — considered to be the midway point of the summer camping season. Still, with more seeking outdoor experiences many in the industry anticipate a very busy fall, especially given the growing popularity of Halloween activities.
All signs point to a record-breaking summer for many park owners as the outdoor hospitality industry is experiencing a surge that no one will soon forget.
The top news items for this past week are below.
OUTDOOR HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
Column: Tool Allows Owners to Track LWCF Projects
- For years, the LWCF has wanted to create a user-friendly, “one-stop” map and database of the projects it has invested in over the years and now that project is a reality. LWCF has now created two maps — one for past projects and another for future projects that have been proposed.
Sunlight Resorts’ President Named “Top 100 Leader”
- Sunlight Resorts’ President Tristan Farrell was named among the “Top 100 Leaders in Real Estate and Construction” at the recent World Real Estate Conference (WRECONF).
FMCA Puts Final Touches on Upcoming Wyo. Conv.
- The owners of about 1,250 RVs will travel to the Equality State to take part. “That’s well below normal,” said Doug Uhlenbrock, FMCA’s director of events. “We don’t have any Canadian attendees, so that has some impact on our numbers. Plus, I believe there are still some folks who aren’t quite ready to be around large crowds of people just yet.”
S.C. Town Eyes 700-Site Resort, Restaurant & Marina
- The resort could have amenities such as a pool, clubhouse, basketball and volleyball courts and mini-golf.
Jellystone Park Fourth of July Bookings Climb 70%
- “With campgrounds so busy this summer, we’re encouraging parents to start planning fall trips,” said Trent Hershenson, Leisure Systems Inc.’s (LSI) vice president of marketing. LSI is the franchisor of more than 75 Jellystone Parks in North America.
CampCalNOW’s Kelley Featured on ‘RV Miles’ Show
- The RV Miles podcast welcomed Dyana Kelley, president and CEO of Camp-California.com, to the show for a discussion on the six principles for safe camping and outdoor travel.
Remote Workers Hit the Road & Aren’t Coming Back
- Many workers with jobs that let them work remotely during the pandemic left behind their sedentary housing situations and moved full-time into vans. These remote workers drive from location to location in their homes, working from internet hotspots in their vans and spending their free time in nature and exploring new places.
Tenn. Park to Highlight History of Cherokee Indians
- Cherokee Outdoor Resort & Marina will be built around an existing restaurant and marina on a scenic 50-acre site bordering Lake Tellico.
Leavitt: Training is Key When Operating Golf Carts
- For some owners, not much thought is put into risk management when it comes to using a golf cart or other utility vehicle at a campground. However, there should be.
Dometic Acquires Germany-Based Büttner Elektronik GmbH
- The acquisition strengthens Dometic’s offering of mobile power products, including solar power solutions, for the European outdoor market.
U.S. Reps. Brady, Buchanan Introduce 6-Year GSP Renewal
- The Trade Preferences and American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act of 2021, a companion to the bill Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) introduced last month, would reauthorize the Generalized System of Preferences program for a full six years, rather than the shorter periods we have seen with recent renewals.
RV LIFE Acquires RV Masterclass Educational Platform
- The sale is effective immediately, according to a release, and adds five educational RV Masterclass Signature Courses and dozens of articles to RV LIFE Network’s growing network of digital RV lifestyle resources.
Ford Idles More Assembly Plants Due to Chip Shortage
- Ford Motor Co. on Wednesday said several of its North America assembly plants, which have already experienced weeks of downtime from the global chip shortage, will be idled for at least part of July.
NTP-STAG Announces 2022 Expo will be Jan. 25-26 in Vegas
Legislation to Fix Floorplan Financing Introduced in Senate
- The new bill will fix an error in the tax reform bill that inadvertently removed travel trailers from the definition of “motor vehicle” for the purposes of floor plan financing interest deductibility.
Winnebago Towables, NTP-STAG Partner for Parts Fulfillment
- Lori Rewa, Winnebago Towables customer support manager, adds, “The implementation will be seamless for our dealers, who will continue to order genuine Winnebago RV parts as they normally would.”
Infrastructure Plan Spends Billions on Roads, Bridges, EVs
- Along with almost $400 billion for transportation projects that is already part of Congress’s regular funding process, the deal includes $579 billion in new infrastructure spending.
RV Tech Program to Certify Incarcerated Students in Texas