RV, Outdoor Hospitality Industry News for the Week of June 14Jun 18, 2021
Site availability and employee issues are starting to pop up more as campgrounds enter the busy season.
More than likely those concerns are not going to fade anytime soon due to the surge in interest we are seeing from new RVers and campers.
The top news items for this past week are below.
OUTDOOR HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
Pack Patience: Nat. Parks See Summer Jobs Unfilled
- Industry veterans say this is partly because the pandemic recovery has put workers in high demand everywhere. But it’s also because tens of thousands of foreign student workers, who often take positions in Yosemite, the Grand Canyon and other popular destinations, are still unable to enter the U.S.
Camping World, Lordstown Partnership is ‘On Hold’
- Lordstown Motors has stopped working on an electric van and other future projects in order to aim all resources at putting its first vehicle, a pickup truck called Endurance, into production later this year.
Pelland: Cyber Attacks, think it Can’t Happen to You?
- Using the same password to access more than one email account or online application is like leaving those keys on the seat of your unlocked automobile, except that the keyring includes the keys to every other vehicle that you own, the front door to your office and the front door to your home.
Schmarder: Hashtags, How and When to Use Them
- Over the years, hashtags have found their way onto every major social media platform. The optimum number of hashtags varies, based on platform, from two to 30, though, like everything marketing-based, relevance rules and sometimes less is more.
Blue Water, Indian Tribe Partner on Conn. Park Proj.
- The tribe, which would lease the development site to Blue Water Development, wants to make sure the proposed project is “the right fit.”
RoverPass Offering ‘Non-Refundable’ Discount Option
- The new Non-Refundable Booking option enables all RV parks and campgrounds to offer a 10% discount to travelers for a non-refundable cancellation policy.
ARVC Webinar: Park Owners’ Perspectives on Season
- The webinar will be focused on taking a look at how the season is going so far from the perspective of numerous owners.
Sun Communities Receives ‘Investment-Grade’ Rating
- S&P Global Ratings has assigned a BBB issuer rating to the company with a stable outlook and Moody’s Investors Service has assigned a Baa3 issuer rating to the company with a stable outlook.
Column: Is Demise of Mom & Pop Parks a Bad Thing?
- Campgrounds – even small ones – do make money. But typically, the financial demands of debt service and other family expenses don’t leave a lot of cash to pour back into these smaller campground businesses (try as they might). Small, family-owned campgrounds certainly do add improvements and amenities where they can. It’s just a slower process.
Supplier WAY Breaks Ground on Huge Facility in Elkhart
- Leading RV supplier and distributor WAY broke ground on what will become, at 800,000 square feet, one of the largest buildings ever constructed in Elkhart County, Ind., where it will combine all of its operations under one roof.
RVIA Board, Committees Meet Virtually to Chart Future
- The Standards Steering Committee, Public Relations Committee, Public & Legislative Affairs Committee and the Go RVing Coalition all met last week to discuss everything from standards enforcement dates to policy priorities to upcoming Go RVing campaigns and efforts to sustain the continued run of positive press surrounding the RV industry.
‘RV Lifestyle’ Explores the Reasons Behind the RV Backlog
- Have you wondered what’s behind the RV backlog and why new RVs are sold out for many, many months to come? As they say, it’s complicated. And very frustrating to the industry. Even more frustrating for those who wanted to buy and go traveling in an RV this year.
RVDA Board Looks Ahead with FY22 Program & Budget
- As RVDA readies for its live 2021 RV Dealers Convention/Expo in November, the association is working to help RV dealers maintain momentum as the industry experiences record sales growth.
Thor Motor Coach Unveils 2022 Class B RV Product Lines
- Thor introduced Rize and Scope to its Class B motorhome lineup and updated Tellaro and Sequence product lines.
Outdoor Industry Association Names New Board Members
- The OIA board of directors provides guidance for the organization’s overall strategic direction, establishes policies and positions, monitors the association’s financial health, programs and overall performance and prepares the industry and association for the future, ensuring OIA’s success as an organization and for its members.
Travel Lite RV Breaks New Ground Following Reorganization