RV, Outdoor Hospitality Industry News for the Week of July 19Jul 23, 2021
The top news items for this past week are below.
OUTDOOR HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
Cherry Hill Park: 100 Years & Five Generations Later
- It all started back in 1921 when Jacob and Rose Gurevich founded a poultry farm in southern Maryland just outside of Washington, D.C.
Campspot Software Now Offers Text Messaging Tool
- Through this service, operators can easily communicate important information to various guests, such as those already in the park or those checking in within a certain date range.
Western Fires: Crews Make Progress on Ore. Blaze
- The Bootleg Fire, which has destroyed an area half the size of Rhode Island, was 40% surrounded after burning some 70 homes, mainly cabins, fire officials said.
Hotel Industry Expect Pre-Crisis Levels by 4Q of ‘23
- The strength in U.S. lodging demand will support pricing, but occupancy gains will be somewhat offset by new supply, as fewer development and conversion projects were sidelined than previously forecasted.
ARVC Hosting Virtual Prospective Owners Workshop
- The first two POW! events of 2021 were sold out and ARVC actually had to waitlist some individuals. ARVC officials are encouraging people interested in attending this POW! to register as soon as possible.
Equity LifeStyle Prop. Reports 25% Q3 Revenue Jump
- For the six months ended June 30, 2021, total revenues increased $78.9 million, or 14.8%, to $613.5 million compared to $534.6 million for the same period in 2020.
Canada, U.S. Border Opens to Vaccinated on Aug. 9
- If they meet the entry criteria, fully vaccinated travelers will not have to quarantine upon arrival to Canada.
Forrest Street Partners Buys MH/RV Resort in Ga.
- The park has 170 RV sites and 135 manufactured home sites, as well as a clubhouse, pool and playground.
Mo. Gov. Signs Inherent Risk Bill, Protects Owners
- The bill specifically offers owners, operators and employees of campgrounds and RV parks protection from frivolous lawsuits when an injury or death occurs as a result of an inherent risk of camping.
KOA: 24.5 Million People Will Have Gone Camping in July
- A busy month for the camping industry, data suggests that a staggering 24.5 million campers will venture out in July.
‘RVB on the Road’ Visits with PleasureLand RV’s Dan Pearson
- “RVBusiness on the Road” with correspondent Niki Benedict of Connecting Thru traveled to St. Cloud, Minn., to visit with Dan Pearson, president and owner of the Pleasureland RV group of dealerships. Pearson and his family are celebrating their 50th year in the RV business this year. His parents opened the RV dealership in St. Cloud, Minn., in 1971.
Go RVing Expands Social Media Marketing Efforts to TikTok
- While often thought of as a social media platform for the young – and for good reason with roughly 50% of global users under the age of 34 – the platform also has 20% of users between the age of 40-50.
RVIA Inspectors Meeting Key to Maintaining Self-Regulation
- The standards department maintains a professional team of full-time inspectors that promote the enhancement of safety by monitoring adherence to the standards adopted by the Board of Directors for the construction of RVs and Park Model RVs and advocates for the improvement of consumer safety.
REV Group Drives Sourcing, Procurement Transformation
- As part of the partnership with Consus, REV also has implemented Ivalua, a leading provider of global Spend Management Cloud solutions, to achieve a more focused and faster source-to-contract cycle.
RV Retailer’s Airstream of Tampa Store Claims Top Honors
- RV Retailer’s Airstream of Tampa won two categories of the competition for No. 1 in Airstream sales in the United States, including overall sales and travel trailer sales in the U.S. and the East Region. In addition, RV Retailer’s Airstream store in the Austin, Texas market was the No. 1 ranked Airstream dealer in the Central Region for travel trailers.
Wholesale RV Values Set New Records, May Have Peaked
- “The values of used RVs sold at wholesale auctions rose across the board once again last month, but the increases were less than we have been seeing recently,” reports Eric Lawrence, principal automotive analyst, specialty vehicles.
Lippert, Camping World Set Q2 Fiscal 2021 Earnings Reports
- LCI Industries and Camping World Holdings Inc. today (July 20) announced that financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2021 will be released before the market opens on Aug. 3.
CARB Regulation Threatens Availability of Diesel Engines
- Provisions of a proposed California Air Resource Board (CARB) rule will greatly increase the cost of manufacturing diesel engines beginning in 2024, according to report from the RV Industry Association (RVIA).
Winnebago Industries Acquires Pontoon Boat Maker Barletta
- The transaction extends Winnebago Industries’ marine platform into one of the fastest-growing boating segments, advances the company’s ongoing evolution into a premier outdoor lifestyle company and is expected to drive significant financial accretion.