RV, Outdoor Hospitality Industry News for the Week of July 12Jul 16, 2021
The top news items for this past week are below.
OUTDOOR HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
KOA: Canadians Eager to Camp as Restrictions Ease
- Canadian campers are ready and eager to get out and reconnect with nature and with each other: 67% say they want to get out and camp immediately or very soon.
Lebanon KOA Holiday Intros ‘Adventure Land’ Area
- Spanning parts of the picturesque waterfront property, the Adventure Land outdoor experience features a high and low ropes course, water slide, pool, river tubing access (guests can bring their own tube or buy one at the campstore), arcade, mini-golf, gem mining sluice, and new splash pad.
‘Highway West’ Nearing Completion of California Park
- The Flying Flags Avila Beach, being developed by Highway West Vacations, has been in the making for years and is now just about six weeks away from its soft opening.
Jellystone Seeing Increased Interest From Investors
- Investors from the multi-family, mobile home and self-storage industries are among those discovering Jellystone Park and the growing family camping/RV business.
Jacob Hagofsky Named Executive Assistant at PCOA
KARVC Has New Name, Kan. RV Park Owners Assoc.
- “The legal and marketing changes are now in place,” Mary Arlington, executive director of the association, pointed out. “We even modified our previous logo to create two: one for our industry efforts and one for consumer-based efforts.”
Canadian Border Closure ‘Drags On’ Frustrating Some
- When the border will reopen completely is unclear. On Thursday (July 8), Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was asked during an event in British Columbia when the border would open to non-essential unvaccinated visitors.
Northgate’s Waco, Texas Park Set to Open Next Year
- Earth-moving equipment is clearing land for RV spaces, cabins and amenities between Lake Shore Drive and the Bosque River where Northgate Resorts plans a sprawling camping area.
265-Site ‘Yacht Haven’ in Fla. Sells for Over $58 Million
- According to its website, Yacht Haven has 265 paved RV sites with full hookups. It has a pool. It has 4,300 linear feet of dock space and often houses yachts during hurricanes.
Registrations, Agenda Being Set for RVDA Convention/Expo
- More than 100 attendees have already registered for the event, which returns to an in-person venue after being forced into the virtual realm in 2020 due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Economy Strong But Hindered by Supply-Chain Bottlenecks
- The Fed said Wednesday that seven of its 12 regional bank districts reported strong price increases with some businesses expressing concerns that the supply chain disruptions would push prices even higher.
Industry to Reconvene Dec. 2 for 9th RV Power Breakfast
- High profile economist Peter Morici will be one of the headliners at this year’s 2021 RV Industry Power Breakfast, a Dec. 2 event that for the past nine years – with the exception of 2020 due to the pandemic – has drawn about a thousand attendees a year from around the country to the RV/MH Hall of Fame in the RV-building hub of Elkhart, Ind.
Registration Opens for 2021 Hershey RV Show Industry Days
- PRVCA will host the industry for two Education Days on Sept. 13 and 14 at the Giant Center in Hershey, Pa. RV technicians can earn continuing education units for many of the sessions presented by knowledgeable industry trainers.
Thor Motor Coach Partners with Actor/Producer Jaime Camil
- Jaime Camil, one of the most influential Latin American figures globally, teams up with Thor Motor Coach for a new motorhome.
NRVTA Dedicates New Building for RV Inspector Training
- The 28-by-52-foot building was designed to create an open space with no interior walls to allow instructors to set up the room in any configuration. It has dedicated restrooms plus a small break area for coffee and a refrigerator. The classroom will accommodate 32 students per course.
Officials Pleased with Recent FMCA Convention & RV Expo
- The event, conducted at the Cam-Plex multi-event facility, included access to RV displays, exhibits, educational seminars, entertainment, member gatherings, chapter events and, of course, camping.
Skyline-Champion Intros Pre-Delivery Inspection Business
- The company plans and executes independent RV dealership PDI inspection services and delivery. Eye Spy PDI Services are immediately available and will help RV Dealers clear-up floor space and improve delivery times.
Lazydays Boasts Record Revenue of $322.8M in Q2 Report
- Lazydays Holdings Inc. provided preliminary results for the second quarter ended June 30 of $322.8 million in revenue – an all-time quarterly record and up $108.8 million versus the $214 million in second quarter 2020 (restated) – and net income is $25.8 million, which is up $20.4 million versus the second quarter 2020 (restated).