RV, Outdoor Hospitality Industry News for the Week of April 25Apr 26, 2021
The last full week of April did not disappoint on the newsfront, as the RV industry announced record-breaking numbers and the RV park and campground sectors continue to see activity from developers.
The growth of the outdoor hospitality industry has also attracted other investment groups and companies, which is giving way to more announcements of acquisitions and partnerships.
To keep you better informed on everything going on in the RV and outdoor hospitality industries, below is a breakdown of important news that made headlines this past week.
OUTDOOR HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
Camping World makes moves as it works to diversify its offerings.
Northgate Resorts Plans to Launch new Brand ‘Camp Fimfo’ in July
- The brand will start with the opening of a new resort in New Braunfels, Texas. The new resort will include 200 full-hookup sites.
Sun Communities Sees its Revenue Jump During the First Quarter
- Total revenues increased $131.7 million, or 42.4%, to approximately $442 million compared to $310.3 million for the same period in 2020.
The North Texas Jellystone Park Continues to Grow as it Embraces New Ideas
- The park has continued to invest in more improvements, amenities and attractions, the latest being construction of a 260-foot-long pirate ship with 10 two-bedroom cabin suites in early 2020. It also is working on construction of a 350,000-gallon swimming pool that will be roughly 190-feet-long and 90-feet-wide and no more than four feet deep.
Campspot Integrates with Factor 4 on New Gift Card Capabilities
- “We’re thrilled about our partnership with Factor4 because campground operators are in the business of selling experiences,” said Haley Dalian, marketing manager at Campspot. “There’s no better way to head into another record-breaking summer than to offer the unique gift of a camping experience at your property.”
With Campgrounds Busy, Camp-California Encourages Mid-Week Bookings
- While weekends have already booked up in many ions through the summer months, campgrounds and RV resorts still have vacancies.
ARVC adds Susan Motley as Senior Director of Education& Events
- Motley will also be ng the ARVC Foundation. She is an avid RVer and has experience in the hospitality industry.
A Recent Study by RVIA Indicates that Campers are Staying Closer to Home
- Less than one-third of new RV owners took trips more than 300 miles in length. Rather, the majority of new buyers (54%) opted to stay closer to home with under 200 miles.
RVC Outdoors has Opened the Doors to its Newest Resort in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
- Pigeon Landing now features 149 RV sites and 10 camping sites overlooking the river. Planning is currently underway for phase two of the property which will include luxury “glamping” tents, a pickleball court n additional 90 RV sites.
RV Industry Experiences Best Month of Shipments on Record
- The 1 wholesale RV units shipped this past March is a more than 5% increase over the previous record set in March of 2018. The March shipments also bring total RV shipments in the first quarter of 2021 to a record-breaking 148,507 units, a nearly 10% increase over the previous record set in the first quarter of 2018.
2021 RV Dealers Convention/Expo Set for Nov. 8-12 in Vegas
- This year’s convention/expo will be a hybrid of in-person and online meetings bringing together dealers, manufacturers, and RV industry business partners for the premier dealer education and networking event of the year.
Happy Campers: RVs, Camping Bring Big Bucks to Indiana
- The highest number of RV sales by state is Indiana ($6.8 billion), California billion) and Texas ($1.8 billion). This is no surprise as over 75% e RVs made in the country are manufactured in Elkhart by Thor Industries, Forest River and Avion International.
Dometic Announces Record First Quarter to Start the Year
- Dometic released a favorable first quarter performance report highlighted by net sales that increased 16%.
RV Industry Mourns the Passing of Airxcel’s Kevin Phillips
- Airxcel President and CEO Jeff Rutherford told RV Business that Phillips, a former Thetford Corp. executive, had “helped lead the growth and success of Airxcel’s RV divisions to become market leaders in each category” since joining Airxcel, based in Wichita, Kan., in 2018.
RVshare: Rentals Up 846% in April; Summer is Showing Even More Promise
- According to a Phocuswright Consumer Travel Survey in partnership with RVshare, more than a quarter (28%) of travelers have rented an RV for leisure travel, and the majority want to do it again.
U.S. Gasoline Demand Readings Move Up as More Cars Hit the Roads
- At 9.1 million b/d, U.S. gasoline demand recorded its second highest measurement since mid-March 2020, indicating that motorists are filling up more often, according to AAA.
U.S. Consumer Confidence Index Up Sharply Again in April
- “Consumer confidence has rebounded sharply over the last two months and is now at its highest level since February 2020,” said Lynn Franco, senior director of Economic Indicators at The Conference Board.
Lippert’s New German Subsidiary Acquires Schaudt GmbH